Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Hardest Part

I work on a permanent Tuesday to Saturday shift at work – so my weekend is Sunday / Monday. I don’t think I am alone in this… but I have the worst time trying to get myself motivated on Sunday mornings to get anything done. 

There’s usually the attempt at sleeping in – aborted by the dog needing to go outside which is immediately followed by the cat – freed from the dog’s oppressive presence on my bed - who needs to climb up onto my chest, lie there, make bread and tell me all about her hard life with purring and much meowing.

After that, I’m usually having coffee and reading or maybe trying to catch up on computer-related reading of some sort.  Then breakfast or at the very least something to stave off hunger (this morning it was fresh mango with vanilla yogurt – yum!) and some time around 10 or so I start thinking I may need to get dressed and actually try and get something in the house done.

Today the skies are grey and overcast -0 but rain isn’t scheduled to start until this evening, so really and truly, I should be dressed in yard work clothing, with gloves on my hands, kneeling in my grass digging up some of the (what seems to be) hundreds of dandelions that are in my back yard.

The hardest part is actually getting dressed and getting started.  It isn’t that I don’t want to get out there and get something done before the rains start… it isn’t that I’m still tired or sore or anything else that I could use as an excuse to NOT go outside and do something… really and truly, the hardest part is the getting dressed part – it means that my Sunday morning ‘lie around” time is over and that I have decided to Get Things Done.

It’s very nearly 11:00 AM now… I am still in my robe and slippers.  I really need to get dressed and get out there. The rain isn’t going to hold off forever – and I really do want to get out and get at least something outside done… and if I stay inside, in my robe, on the sofa… well, nothing will get done!

OK – it’s time.  I am going to Get Things Done.

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment