Thursday, March 17, 2011

Signs ‘n Stuff

I’m not talking about the signs on the side of the road or those on street corners… I’m talking about the ones that we all ask for – and that many times, we receive but do not recognise until long after something has come to pass.

I often ask for a sign when things are confusing in my world – when I need that guidance and support that, as much as my friends and family would give me if they could, only the universe can provide me with. Most recently I have been struggling with work and the fact that (even though I am doing my best to find a full time job within the company I am currently employed by) no matter what position I seem to apply for - they just do not appear to want me. I’ve been back with them for nearly a year – and yes, I know that the Comox Valley can be difficult to find full time postings in… but really, I am tired of flogging my guts out and getting nowhere.

So I asked, recently, for a sign of what I should do.  Should I apply elsewhere? Should I stick things out, be patient and just keep plugging away? With the valley here being so hard to get a toe in the door, I am also considering career changes and second jobs.  Ends have been a little further away than means, and so money has been becoming something I think about more and more.

Yesterday afternoon I got my signs about that one. I had an amazing conversation about Tai Chi - one that lead to a phone number and website, and also some encouragement about the general attitude toward energy medicine in the Comox Valley - leading me to revisit the possibility of setting up my own energetic healing practice here. A little later on in the day, I had an email arrive telling me about a career possibility, and asking for a copy of my resume.  This afternoon I had an initial conversation and decided, based on that information and the person with whom I was speaking (who I trust implicitly) that I need to follow this lead.  My CV has been sent and I thank the universe, gratefully, for these signs. 

It appears that my intention and Feng Shui changes are starting to kick in!  Woo hoo!!

I have also been feeling more optimistic lately.  Yes, daylight savings has a lot to do with it – as does the hour (at least) of walking I have been doing every day for the last couple of weeks. I’m feeling positive about my possibilities. When I am walking I listen to upbeat music that keeps me pumped and motivated to move.  Some of my very favourite songs to listen to right now – not only for their beat, but also for their messages are:
  • Firework (The Glee Cast Version) * this one is now my personal anthem!!
  • Raise Your Glass (Pink)
  • Defying Gravity (The Glee Cast Version)
  • Friday I’m in Love (The Cure)
  • I’m Too Sexy (Right Said Fred)
  • Sin Wagon (Dixie Chicks)
  • U & UR Hand (Pink)


I’ve also been using an iPod application (I LOVE having my iPod back!!) a couple of times a day – it’s a collection of guided meditations called “Getting into the Vortex” (by Abraham Hicks Publications) – a recommendation from my friends Alison and Christine.  The two I have been focusing on have been “Relationships” and “Financial Abundance” – but I think I may also start listening to the one called “General Well-Being” a little more often.

Repetition being so very beneficial to absorption, this music and these guided meditations are, I think, building on what I am working with my hypnotherapist on - and leading me to a path where I can not only be successful, I can be happy and healthy and fit.

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment