Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wahoo and Oh Crap Moments – All In One Day!

My “Wahoo Moment” today was coming home to see my new door almost installed. I don’t have a close-up of the outside “before” shot, but here’s an up close of the inside “before”:


 And now here’s the outside after:



My red doormat:


The inside after:

Now… my “Oh Crap” moment… well, see, here’s the thing… this weekend’s plan is to primer coat the living room.  All ready to go, I just need to move stuff away from and off of the walls.

Since I was thinking to paint the wall that got painted silver (yes, silver, sigh) but in order to do that, I need to either sand down, fill and paint over the cedar wall, or pull off the cedar and see what was underneath.

Remember this?



I gamely started to pull off the cedar strips.  LOTS of great kindling available now!  First couple of strips, up and down, and the wall underneath started to appear – painted yellow, but stained in spots, by the oil in the cedar.  A little further and…

Ah Crap.

There’s a hole.

Not just a little one.


Here’s the “current state” after shot:


I think I may be learning how to hang, tape and mud drywall soon!

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment