Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Letting Go

I have gotten too comfortable with my worries.  They aren’t exactly my friends, but they have almost always been there with me, when I wake up in the middle of the night. Not exactly comforting, but reliably there.

I have been doing some mental and emotional cleaning lately – and since I spent so much time in the last year doing all of the physical clearing and de-cluttering, it actually makes sense that the emotional and mental clearing also be done – I guess that truthfully I was both not yet ready and, well, just hadn’t thought of how important it might actually be!

I subscribe to the Abraham–Hicks daily Law of Attraction quotes – the emails are in my in basket when I wake up and they are often a great thought to start the day with.  Yesterday’s quote made more of an impact on me than usual. Here’s the quote in its entirety:

Most people have a hard time delegating, or even wanting to delegate, because you have been justifying your existence through your hard work, and you equate success with struggle; you equate results with struggle. And so, you sort of wear your struggle like a badge of honour. And all of that is opposite of allowing the Well-being. The only thing that ever matters in success or achievement is your achieving the things that you want to achieve. So if you are setting standards and you're feeling uncomfortable about the standards that you've set, tweak the standards back a little bit. Ratchet it back a notch. Give yourself a break. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt. Lighten up. Be easier. Go slower. Take it easy. Have more fun. Love yourself more. Laugh more. Appreciate more. All is well. You can't get it wrong. You never get it done.
--- Abraham (Excerpted from the workshop in San Antonio, TX on Saturday, April 20th, 2002 # 490)

Anyhow, as I said, it made an impact - and off and on, all day yesterday, I thought about it. “Why not? What is it about my worries that I need to hold onto? I’m obviously not resolving any of them by lying awake at 2:00 AM thinking about them all – maybe it is time to delegate the resolution of these worries out and let someone else produce viable solutions for me?”

This in mind, I came home from work, had a decent dinner and wrote a letter to Santa Claus.  Ok, not really, but what I did do is sit down and, with my trusty red pen, write out a letter to the universe about everything that has been on my mind lately… All of the concerns and worries that have been bogging me down and waking me up at night. The letter started with grateful thanks for all of the wonderful people and blessings I have in my life. I then listed out my main bugaboos and let the universe know that I have now delegated all responsibility for resolution of these things to, well, the universe.  There is infinite energy out there, why not use some of it to help me let go of some things that have been sucking up my energy down here?

Finishing with thanks and yes, more gratitude, I let the universe know, in writing, that I trust that all of these concerns will be dealt with in the next six months to a year (I have to be reasonable in my project timelines, right?) signed it and then placed it into my wood stove and burnt it.

Ok, I know that may have seemed a drastic step – but here’s why I burnt it. Letters to Santa weren’t always sent by Canada Post – once upon a time, they were burnt and the ashes magically ended up in the North Pole, in once piece, for Santa to read and determine what was going to be possible and what would need to wait until “later.” I figure that if it works for Santa it MUST work for the rest of the angelic community, right?

Off to bed last night, I did wake up in the middle of the night – I needed to pee… but when I got back into bed, well, instead of my usual “lie there and hope to fall back asleep before starting to worry about… oh crap, I thought about it and therefore started worrying about it… SIGH” I thought about some nice things and then fell back asleep!

Huh – there must be something to this!

And then, like magic, this morning’s Abraham–Hicks daily Law of Attraction quote:

It's not your work to make anything happen. It's your work to dream it and let it happen. Law of Attraction will make it happen. In your joy, you create something, and then you maintain your vibrational harmony with it, and the Universe must find a way to bring it about. That's the promise of Law of Attraction.
--- Abraham (Excerpted from the workshop in Larkspur, CA on Sunday, August 16th, 1998 # 491)

I think I may have taken a step in the right direction this time!

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment