Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter Wonders


Christmas is a mere 8 days away now – I’m not done shopping or making presents just yet, but I’m closer than I was when I started my week of vacation.  I am back in the office tomorrow for three days and them am off again until Boxing Day – so I still have plenty of time to get things done.  Shopping is interesting this year – am trying very hard to do a combination of bought gifts and made ones (money’s tight) and some of what I make will be cooked goodies – so I will get seriously started in on that stuff Friday when I resume vacation time. I can’t show pictures of one of my Christmas present projects just yet (I have to admit, it's up there on the really cool list though) but promise to describe it in detail and post pictures after Christmas is done.
 
In the mean-time, though, winter has made a beautiful show for us here on Vancouver Island.  We had a huge wallop of snow dumped on us last night.  It started before dark and continued on through the night. 
 
Back yard - last night
What I woke up to this morning was roughly nine inches of clean crisp snow and clear skies.  It’s been gorgeous and sunny most of the afternoon and Jasmine has LOVED being out playing in it.
 
Back yard - this morning

Side fence this morning

Looking across the street - snowy paradise!
Days like this make me wish I had a second Groenendael – they are so much fun in the snow! 
 
Beautiful happy dog in the snow!
With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment