Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rainy Days in Spring

I have a theory: Gardeners NEED rainy spring days. 

I know we need them to water our plants, lift the water table and keep things lush and green... but in the earliest days of spring (and yes, it really is only the 15th of March here, so not actually officially spring) I think the rainy days are meant to actually help the gardeners themselves.

This weekend is a perfect example.  Had I had sunshine (or even, lets face it, just overcast but no rain) all weekend long, I would accomplish nothing in the house.  No laundry, no cleaning, no income tax preparation, no paperwork... nothing except making my kitchen floor dirtier.

So I am trying to be grateful for today's rain because it means I can get some other things done this weekend. Rain today means laundry is in the washer, that I will deal with some paperwork (when I stop procrastinating) and that I will clean inside the house - maybe I will even wash the kitchen floor instead of just tracking more mud all over it!

With love across the waters...

No comments:

Post a Comment