Friday, March 25, 2011

Feng Shui Workshop

I was telling one of the ladies at work about the awesome work I have been doing to my home (thanks to Terri Perrin at Fine Art of Intention Feng Shui) and not too long after this discussion, Terri was into the branch – I introduced her to the lady at work and lo and behold, last night I attended a Feng Shui workshop at her home!

I’m was very much looking forward to this event – there weren’t as many people there as I thought there might, and of those there, some of whom know all about Feng Shui, others for whom this was an introduction.  The energy was great (as were the treats!) and we all had a good time.

I came away with some new information and a renewed sense that Feng Shui isn’t just a “one shot deal” of changes – it’s an ongoing practice in my home AND my life.

The session was great because it incorporated a lot of explanation – and in fact, when leaving with a friend, she commented to me that she was really pleased that Terri was so free with information.  The sharing of information – the changes that can be made, and the resulting feeling of those changes, was really the whole focus of the evening.

What sorts of additional things did I pick up? There were a few bigger items that resonated with me last night as well as a number of small “tweaks” I can make here and there…

Some *more* decluttering (nope, not done yet after all!) this time, find a way to finally remove the electronics I purchased over in the UK.  An advert will go up on Kijiji, Craigslist and on something called Used Courtenay / Comox.  Hopefully I’ll be able to locate someone moving to the UK who can take these items with them.

There’s some yard work that desperately needs to be attended to – Terri told us last night that, when divided up, our yards are symbolised as Front = past; middle = present; and back = future.  Since I have no middle yard, and my front yard is mostly fine, I really need to focus on clean-up and planning out my back yard’s space.  With the flooding in December, I’ve not given it any thought at all, and so my hope is that, this weekend, I’ll be able to sit down and focus some thought on what I can do with it and then, start to take action.  More soon on this project.

Last up is an interesting thing I can do to draw things to me.  Essentially, with a (new) red pen, write out all of the things (by hand on some fancy paper) I want to draw into my life.  Place this list in a silver box and then place the silver box in the “helpful people” section of my house.  For me, the helpful l people section of my mail floor is in the foyer and upstairs it is in my office.  Since I spend more time in my home office than in my foyer, I’ll place the box up here.

And so, with this in mind, I’m going to finish this post off here, walk my dog and then start taking action on the next phase of my Feng Shui education.

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment