Monday, March 28, 2011

Sleep Deprived

I made a mistake.  Last night, a little before 7:00 PM, I brewed myself a cup of tea.  Craving something strong, I made the cinnamon tea I had bought a few days before.  MMM – it was yummy!

The mistake? I forgot that it is made with black tea, and therefore strongly caffeinated.  Yup, you guessed it.  Not only was I nearly completely incapable of falling asleep last night, once I finally managed to, I woke a good 2 hours before my alarm & lay there cursing out my tea all over again.

I am estimating I got roughly two hours of sleep.

Today was a very very VERY long day.  Full day at work, by the time my day ended I was so tired I was actually feeling a little on the sick side. This feeling is not entirely conducive to actual exercise, so no exercise-walk after work today – just a short one around the block for Jasmine.

I’m amazed at just how dragged out and unhealthy I feel tonight – and all for basic lack of sleep!  At this point, I am waiting for the dishwasher to finish its cycle. Once done, I’ll empty it and put away the dishes.  Otherwise, my plan is to have a bath, take some melatonin and have a hot date with my pillows.

Moral of the story? Pay attention to what you drink in the evening - and remember just how awful this feels. Sleep is WAY too important, and when missed, it really messes with, well, everything!

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment