Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vacation Pictures Part II

This morning at low tide, Jasmine and I went for a walk around Cougar Island.  Here are some pictures from our excursion.  I'm not certain how Cougar Island got its name - perhaps that's a research project for tomorrow (it is supposed to maybe rain tomorrow) 

The spit at the lagoon


View of Lindner's Cabin

Interesting trees

A small patch of wild flowers

More wild flowers

A happy dog on a path through the trees

I *think* this may actually be a baby eagle feather!

Wild roses

Wild rose up close

Cool hollowed out stump - this would be an excellent place to hide stuff for a treasure hunt!!

Honeysuckle

Secluded bay

Lone Gary Oak tree on the rocks

Interesting stump

Another shot of the happy dog

Someone's fort...

The winds have started to come back up and I think it may be time for me to get some work done on the boat launch - my plan is to rake out some of the very steep hilly bits into a more levelled area for us to pull the boat up onto.

With love across the waters!

No comments:

Post a Comment