Saturday, June 18, 2011

Crushes

I wonder what it is about “the crush” that is so powerful – something that can turn a strong-willed, relatively stable forty (cough cough) something year old adult into a 12-year-old – and one completely incapable of sentient thought or verbalization other than “Oh. My. GOD – and then what did he say?????”

I’ve been trying, for a number of months now, to get over a crush.  Obviously it’s not going to go anywhere.  Obviously he’s not into me, in the same way I am into him.  Obviously his chest doesn’t hurt when he looks at me… mine, however, does - whenever I look at him. 

I try REALLY hard not to look.

I’ve been on vacation for 2 weeks.  Absence heals, right? Nope.  

I had a facebook message from a girlfriend of mine today – telling me that he had been into the branch today and was actually asking about me – mentioned he hadn’t seen me in ages and wondered where I am.

I swear to God, I turned into a 12 year old girl the second I read that.  Was dying to know EXACTLY what he said… HOW he said it… how he looked when he was asking…

Ugh.

There should be a cure for this – I would be willing to bet that if someone could come up with a cure for the common crush he or she would make an absolute FORTUNE from adults trying to remain adult.

And damn it all, when I am back to work next week I just *know* I am going to be looking for him until I see him again – in spite of the fact that obviously it’s not going to go anywhere.  And also in spite of the fact that obviously he’s not into me, in the same way I am into him. 

With love across the waters,

No comments:

Post a Comment